Upcoming Candidate Forums from the Council Chambers/Courtroom will be broadcast live on Channel 7 and also will be inserted into the rebroadcast schedule. We try to make videos available at least once overnight, one morning, one afternoon, and one evening on weekdays, and again at similar times over each weekend. Following the election, these videos will be deleted from the schedule.
The "Conversation Between Two Mayors" recording is playing in the Channel 7 schedule and is also available at https://cityoftybee.viebit.com. Although not technically a part of the election process itself, the sharing of Mayors Buelterman and Parker provide some background and humor as it relates to the Mayor's office on Tybee.
- Sunday: 5:00 AM, 2:30 PM
- Monday: 2:00 PM
- Tuesday: 1:30 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM
- Saturday: 2:30 PM, 10:30 PM
>The Tybee Island Youth Council Candidate Forum was broadcast live, Saturday, September 14th. The forum is being replayed on channel 7 on the following schedule:
- Sundays, 12:30 pm, 8:00 pm
- Mondays, 3:00 am, 4:00 pm
- Tuesdays, 11:00 am, 8:20 pm
- Thursdays, 1:00 am.
The broadcast is also available here: Tybee Island Youth Council Candidate Forum
As of end of day on August 21st, qualifying candidates include:
- Wanda Doyle
- Mack Kitchens
- Shirley Sessions
- John Bremer
- Barry Brown (incumbent)
- Jay Burke, III
- Nancy DeVetter
- Fidelia Fowler
- Sean Joyce
- David McNaughton
- Brian West
Special Election Qualifying (2 year term):
- Jack Boylston
- Michael "Spec" Hosti
- Mary McLemore
- Martin Rowe
General Municipal Election for 4-year terms
- Three Council seats and Mayor's office are open
- Candidates must file qualifying paperwork with the City Clerk, Jan LeViner, at City Hall, 403 Butler Ave, beginning Monday, August 19th, at 8:30 AM and ending on Thursday, August 22nd at 4:30PM.
- Qualifying fee for Mayor: $252
- Qualifying fee for Council: $144
Special Election for 2-year term
- One Council seat open
- Qualifying paperwork must be filed with the City Clerk, Jan LeViner, at City Hall, 403 Butler Ave, beginning Monday, August 26th, at 8:30 AM and ending on Wednesday, August 28th at 1:30PM.
- Qualifying fee is $144
Voter registration must be completed by October 7th
Municipal and Special Election will both be held on Tuesday, November 5th, at Tybee's regular polling locations at the Guard House and the Old School Cafeteria.