Right now, the American Red Cross has an emergency need for blood. All donors are needed. Every blood type is necessary to help avoid delays in lifesaving medical care for patients this summer.
• Right now, blood donations are being distributed to hospitals faster than donations are coming in.
• Patients are at risk for delayed surgeries or treatment.
• Please help by donating blood as soon as possible. You just might provide one of the #MissingTypes a critical patient needs.
• Fewer donations due to summer vacations and holidays can make it difficult to meet the needs of patients.
• Don’t wait until the letters A, B and O are completely missing from the hospital blood bank shelves. There is an emergency need for blood now.
• Blood products are perishable, and the only source of lifesaving blood is volunteer blood donors. A shortfall in donations can cause delays in essential medical care.
• Eligible donors with type O, A negative and B negative blood are urged to make a Power Red donation, where available.
• There aren’t enough people donating blood to help people in need. Do you know someone who has never donated before? Please encourage them to make an appointment with you.
• Schedule an appointment today by using the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
• Donors can save up to 15 minutes by using RapidPass® to complete the pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online. For more information, visit RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Exceeding your blood drive goal is critical and can help replenish the blood supply.
• Please ensure your blood drive schedule is fully booked.
• Send appointment reminders to scheduled donors. If donors cannot keep their appointments, encourage them to download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS to find another donation opportunity.
• Keep a list of “standby” donors who are ready to jump in when an unexpected opening becomes available.
• Encourage friends and family who have never donated blood to give at your drive and throughout the summer to help overcome the emergency need for blood by finding a donation opportunity near them now using the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
• Encourage another organization to host a blood drive during this critical time or throughout 2019.
Help spread the word about the emergency need by posting the messages below to social media and ask your committee members and donors to do the same:
• Right now, #RedCross blood & platelet donations are being distributed to hospitals faster than they come in. Please give now & help end the #BloodEmergency: rcblood.org/appt
• 3 easy ways YOU can help the #RedCross overcome a #BloodEmergency: 1. Make an appt to give blood or platelets (rcblood.org/appt) 2. Ask a pal to give 3. Share this post