Laissez les bon temps rouler! We’re letting the good times roll on Tybee Island this weekend with our annual Mardi Gras celebration. Due to the parade and celebration, we will temporarily close some roads and parking areas. Please use the following guide to help you navigate the island during the event.
- Both Tybrisa Street and Blanco Lane (at Sea and Breeze Hotel) will close Saturday, Feb. 22 at 6 a.m. and reopen after the parade, approximately at 3:15 p.m.
- Butler Avenue will be closed between 4th Street and Tybrisa, Saturday, Feb. 22 from 1:45 p.m. to approximately 3:15, depending on parade duration.
- Jones Avenue will be open to serve as the alternate north-south access while Butler is closed.
- The roundabout at Tybrisa and Strand will be closed from Saturday, Feb. 22, 6 a.m. to Sunday, Feb. 23, 1 p.m.
- No parking on Tybrisa after 3 a.m. Friday, Feb. 21.
- No parking after 3 a.m. in the first five spots on each side of the 16th Street parking lot. Please use 17th Street for event parking.