403 Butler Avenue Tybee Island GA 31328
403 Butler Avenue
Tybee Island, GA 31328
PO Box 2749
403 Butler Ave
Tybee Island, GA 31328
Link: City Manager Page
From the City Code:
Sec. 2-107. - City manager; powers and duties; separation of powers.
(a) Powers. The city manager shall be the chief executive and administrative officer of the city. The manager shall be responsible to the city council for the administration of all city affairs placed in the manager's charge by the city Charter. As the chief executive and administrative officer, the manager shall:
(1) Appoint and, when the manager deems it necessary for the good of the city, suspend or remove all city employees and administrative officers the manager appoints, except as otherwise provided by law or personnel ordinances adopted pursuant to the Charter. The manager may authorize any administrative officer who is subject to the manager's direction and supervision to exercise these powers with respect to subordinates in that officer's department, office or agency.
(2) Direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the city, except as otherwise provided by the Charter or by law.
(b) Duties. The city manager shall:
(1) Attend all city council meetings except for closed meetings held for the purposes of deliberating on the appointment, discipline, or removal of the city manager and have the right to take part in discussion but not vote;
(2) See that all laws, provisions of the Charter, and acts of the city council, subject to enforcement by the city manager or by officers subject to the manager's direction and supervision, are faithfully executed;
(3) Prepare and submit the annual operating budget and capital budget to the city council;
(4) Submit to the city council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the city as of the end of each fiscal year;
(5) Make such other reports as the city council may require concerning the operations of the city departments, offices, and agencies subject to the manager's direction and supervision;
(6) Keep the city council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the city and make such recommendations to the city council concerning the affairs of the city as the manager deems desirable; and
(7) Perform other such duties as are specified by the Charter or as may be required by the city council.
(c) Separation of powers.
(1) Except for the purpose of inquiries and investigations under section 2.15 of the city Charter, the city council or its members shall deal with city officers and employees who are subject to the direction and supervision of the manager solely through the manager, and neither the city council nor its members shall give orders to any such officer or employee, publicly or privately.
(2) The city council shall have the power of inquiries and investigations into the affairs of the city and the conduct of any department, office or agency thereof, and for this purpose may subpoena witnesses, administer oaths, take testimony, and require the production of evidence without the consent of the city manager.